Friday 23 February 2007

As good as a rest.

For most of my working life I have had a long commute to work. For a while I worked so far away I literally lived on the job. I spent 18 months of my life living in a caravan at the site of a new road. I lived in a hotel in Maidenhead for 14 months which was so much worse than the caravan.

Today came as a welcome relief to my commute. Although I still had to drive to the office, the school holidays and the general reduction in traffic volume on Friday’s meant that I didn’t have to use the motorways.

My drive was a pleasure this morning as opposed to the chore it usually is, even though I travel in three counties on my way to work. The commute was also all the better for knowing that I am on holiday next week. It’s only a week in Spain, but our apartment has a baby sitting service, so some quality time with Wifey is anticipated. Some good food, good wine and good conversation.

Work is as it always is recently, a chore that must be performed to pay the bills, but still, today it seems somewhat more bearable.

8 comments:

Salvadore Vincent said...

Hello and welcome to your new blog, AFC 30K.

AFC 30K said...

Welcome to my very humble blog - very and humble being the operative words.

Also a thank you for posting my very first comment

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the blog AFC30K!! I once peaked @ 35 visitors in ONE day lol. Best to do it for own enjoyment really, thats what I tell myself,
Regards Steve

AFC 30K said...

In blogging tradition, hello and welcome Steve_p.

You are quite right about blogging for yourself, but it's quite nice to think someone may read what I have to write.

The main reason I started was because I've been commenting for about a year and a half and I suppose I didn't think it was fair that no one knew anything about me.

They still don't know much! You may get to know more over time, not that my life is one of particular note.....

Anonymous said...

Boo and indeed, hiss!!

Salvadore beat me to the, "I am first!!!" post.

I will go back and read the actual post now.

As you were.

Anonymous said...

And for the record, it was two months before I got my first comment.

The Blogowebosphere clearly isn't what it used to be.

AFC 30K said...

Hello and Welcome Mr Angy.

I am appaled that no one commented on your blog for a whole two months - I was there from near the start but I was shy and retiring back then. Please accept my sincere apologies for lack of comments.

Oh and ta very much for the comment here!

Anonymous said...

found ur site from SV's. who the hell is Viz?

anyway, welcome to your blog. write for fun and always at your heart's content!

p.s. i absofuckinlutely love how people who worked in the education section gets toooo much holidays! :)