Thursday 11 October 2007

I'm Alive

I am still alive, however, for a change I am very busy.

Work has been a little manic and will continue to be so. Home life is demanding and at times challenging.

The baby has been ill again, as have I.

I went to the Olympics people today to talk about a job. They are a really impressive bunch of people and they have a date to stick too...

The view was pretty impressive from the Olympics offices in Canary Wharf.

May be they'll hire me, may be they won't.

I will keep you posted even if it is a little infrequently.

Also, in the last post I itimated a screaming good sex session and I only got 4 comments and one of those was from Wifey - I think I'll leave the sex blogging to The Girl.

Please do check back as I will continue to post, it's just that life is getting in the way at the moment.

6 comments:

The Boy said...

Good luck with the Olympics jobbie, that would be a hell of a project.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Boy, but 2 hours 20 minutes each way to work and back on top of a heavy job is setting me thinking

Anonymous said...

I would hope that as it for the Olympics you would run to work..... I see that the main stadium has already doubled in price.Not bad going as I don't think they have laid a brick yet.

AFC 30K said...

Martin, Martin, Martin - you should know we don't use bricks these days in cutting edge architecture. They are simply not fluid enough.

As for running to work I think that I would probably have to run from the station to my desk especially if the trains are as bad as they were yesterday.

In fairness the team that I saw really mean business. It was a scene of ferocious activity and they have already let some of the build contracts.

As for doubling in price, as with a lot of major contracts there as been a little 'scope creep'.....

After what I saw yesterday I have a great deal of faith that they will be able to deliver the goods on time.

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you'll not only get the job, but keep it until after 2012!

AFC 30K said...

Ha Ha.

I was talking to one of my friends the other week and the conversation went like this...

"I've got an interview coming up with with ODA"

"oh yeah, is that permanet or contract"

"It's a fixed term contract"

"oh right, so when does it finish then"

"2020 - not really, until 2012 when the olympics are on you thick twat"

I worry about some of my friends....