Thursday 12 April 2007

Bloody NHS – Again.

This will be a very short post as I need to go and open a road….. Cut a ribbon & everything sort of open….

Our little boy has been suffering an asthma attack brought on by a cold for three days now. Wifey took him to the doctors yesterday who sent her away with a flee in her with a thinly veiled attack for being an over protective mother. This morning he was still just as bad so I thought I’d phone NHS (re)Direct. A spoke to a very nice Nurse Practitioner who basically said sod what the Doctor say’s get him to A&E.

Why is it that every time Wifey or I have anything to do with the NHS it turns in to a battle royal?

May be in some future posts I’ll go in to it, but right now Wifey should be on her way to the really good Paediatric Hospital in Brighton and I’ve got to go and open a road – now where did I put those scissors???

2 comments:

tea and cake said...

We stopped 'doing battle' many years ago, when our children were young.

Instead, I just sent the child to the GP, with his/her father.

Seems they listened to men more than 'over-protective (my arse) mothers.'

Don't seemed to have changed much, but Asthma is soooo serious an issue ... *rant*!!

AFC 30K said...

I could go on for hours about the NHS. Briefly, the baby was ill and it wasn't asthma - he was kept in hospital all day and allowed home in the evening.

He's much better know (apart from being a grizzly little bugger when we trty him on real food)