Monday 30 April 2007

The Weekend.

Well, what a weekend. There were some good bits, some bad bits and some indifferent bits.

For a start it was great weather down here in Sussex, and for that reason (and not the fact the baby woke us up at 5:45 am) that we got up early on Saturday and got some chores out of the way. I managed to wash 2 out of 3 cars* which I like to do. I do like a shiny car and as Wifey’s car is only 5 months old it’s an easy job to keep it clean. A quick shower and off to town to the bank and some lunch. We have some good coffee shops & cafes in our town and we were enjoying a ham and cheese panini and a mocha when the baby decides he’ll have a number 2. This in it’s self wouldn’t have been a problem but the fact he let everyone in our vicinity know what he was up to was. We hastily ate and drank up and left very red faced (as was the baby with all the straining :-( ).


We headed to the shops where Wifey picked up a couple of new outfits on the pretence of the baby’s baptism next weekend. I had offered to pay, but ended up paying more than I wanted as she liked her ‘respectable’ Christening outfit, and I liked the short skirt and see through halter neck top. We left the shop with both and a dent in my bank balance.

In the afternoon we popped down to Brighton, (which is a thing to be generally avoided on a hot day at the weekend) as Wifey’s granny is in hospital there. We met her parents for a coffee, only for an argument to ensure which resulted in her dad storming off. Not a highlight of the weekend and the air has not been cleared yet. Wifey adores her parents and this cast a shadow over the rest of the day.

The evening was left for some quality ‘us’ time.

Sunday bought with it a lazy, but pleasurable start to the day, followed by a little decorating and a trip to the local garden centre. There ensued some hard work by us both, interrupted by a crotchety son and some friends who are leaving the country for 2 years to work in the Caribbean. It was really good to see them both and one has to be a little envious. In the evening we were visited again by some friends who we’ve not seen for far too long as they rarely get out of London, but a trip to Brighton brought them our way and all 4 or us struggled to get a word in edge ways.

Now back to work.

*I only want 2 cars but I just can’t sell one of our old ones despite it being only just over 2 years old and in great condition – does this sound like an advert?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

just keep all three, I know my b/friend would and has done with the motorbikes for some reason he has to own three but can only ride one at a time. Apparently one is mine! But I am yet to go out on it. Any reason why you bought a new car and didn't just keep the old one?

AFC 30K said...

Hello Allie and welcome.

As the title suggests, I shall keep this bried and slightly abreviated.

Even if I could afford to keep all three, which I can't, I wouldn't. Wifey & I both drive small city cars, which works well on car allowance, but they are pretty dull to drive.

The big (or small) problem came with the baby. You can't fit much in the boot of a small car, so instead of buying smaller things (like pushchairs) that would fit in the back of a small car, wifey decided we should just buy a bigger car. It's a nice car, but the repayments aren't!

martin said...

I looked into selling my car a couple of months ago and was amazed at the market price, so low !. The second hand car market is in tatters because the deals on new ones are so good...... I will be driving my saab for a few years yet.

AFC 30K said...

Don't suppose you fancy a nice VW Polo by any chance.....