Tuesday 15 May 2007

The IT Man Cometh II

In fact he didn’t leave until nearly 11pm on Sunday. I’m sure he just stopped for Wifey’s cooking. The server is working and so is the desk top. The laptop and the PDA don’t work with the server just yet. Oh, and the back up isn’t quite there but I have a theory on why that’s not working.

I could help Wifey with the IT (just the very basics you understand) however she glowers at me with the unsaid acknowledgement that I screwed up her PC in the first place. To be fair to me I was only trying to defragment the hard drive as it had quite a bit of stuff on it. The problem arose when the hard drive died and the back ups set up by her ‘IT consultant’ (not B-i-L) had stopped working 6 months previously.

After watching B-i-L for most of the weekend I now realise that there is no way on God’s earth that I would have been able to install the server… I’ve only just learnt about static IP addresses.

Anyway, if you’re reading B-i-L, thanks a lot for giving up your entire weekend to help out your little sister!

3 comments:

The Boy said...

IT, the skill that is wizadry. You can know just enough to be dangerous, no matter how much you know. Sounds like a good setup though.

AFC 30K said...

Mmmm. I'm not sure about that. It's still not quite right. Wifey is in a tizzy about and obnoxious language is eminating from the office.

B-i-L is coming back tonight to look at the next phase. Lets hope he gets it sorted as Wifey in a bad bood is not a good thing.

The Boy said...

Yeees, any wifey in a bad mood is not a good thing...