Monday 18 February 2008

And the Week Flies By

I last posted 6 days ago and the week just seems have flown by. I'm much busier at work and, for the most part it's great. It's not all roses in the garden but then no job ever is - even Wifey has bad days and she's the big boss.

The baby is starting to walk a whole lot more and a couple of nights last week he was an absolute joy and made me glad I am a father. There is a new nurse at his daycare nusery where he goes every Tuesday and Wednesday; she, like all the other nurses, has fallen in love with him and thinks he's the most handsome baby she's every met and smiles more than any baby she knows. He's a luck boy my son, he just smiles and people melt in waves; no that's a quality I'd love to have.

The weekend was full of up's and downs but I did manage to wash my car and I'd not washed it for five months, which is about 10,000 miles without a wash. I started with a bucket of acid! Now my little Polo is not big or flash and it's coming up for threee years old (which is very old for me) and yet I felt like a king driving to work today :-)

I may have mentioned that last week we had a new laptop delivered, yet on Tuesday our colour printer gave up the ghost (I'm deeply unimpressed that a peice of kit less than three years old is beyond econimical repair). So a new printer was ordered (another wad of cash going out of the door...) so today my brither in law has come to link up the new laptop to the network, set up our wireless VPN (Virtual Private Network) and to install the new printer on to the server.

Now, cast your mind back to last year when I posted about my IT skills - It could be a long night!

4 comments:

Z said...

Go on, your boy takes after you.

AFC 30K said...

Fortunately for him, he takes more after his mother, although pyhsically he has been discribed as 'mini-me'....

Unknown said...

I also cleaned my car for the first time in agggges, well, 1000 miles anyway. I say "I cleaned"...that's not strictly true...I paid £7 for 4 polish guys to do it, but hey...almost.

AFC 30K said...

£7 is very reasonable, It's £14.50 for a wash and vac down here. Mind you they never quite do the job as well as you would like...

On the other side, 20 minutes in the car wash as opposed to 4 hours on the driveway.