Friday 22 February 2008

Spaced Out

Wednesday afternoon, all of yesterday and now today I've been spaced out. My brain is in there but it does not seem to be accessible by my faculties..... Not so hot when you need your brain power at a decent level to comprehend the vagaries of the new organisation.

I've also noticed that recently my posts have been somewhat banal, but I guess that's just how the time has taken me - I've been busy both at work and at home with Wifey's business and I have much less time to ponder such things at work as I had done previously. My blogging now is usually done on a laptop in front of the TV while Wifey is doing the tea and as such restricted a little by guilt. (Although I do loads of other stuff around the house).

Today I am blogging during my lunch hour. There is loads of stuff I could, and indeed should, be doing but I wanted some time out.

I enjoyed last night. I'd had a relatively long day; I dealt with the baby, dropped him at Granny and Grandad's, drove to a meeting, sat though that and straight on to another, talked to my manager, made a mad dash back to my office, dealt with an urgent matter before the last post and then drove back to collect the baby. 11 hours and 170 miles later I was somewhat tired. Never the less I got home 5 minutes before Wifey who'd been at an exhibition all day. I let her give the baby his evening bottle (A nice time), change him and put him to bed.

I, on the other hand, emptied her car of the exhibition stuff, had a shower and made the living room ready. When she arrived back downstairs I stripped her naked, laid her down on a duvet, the lighting was low and Jack Johnson was on the iDock. I then proceeded to massager her for 1/2 and hour, amd then tucked her up on a sofa under the duvet. I then prepared tea. I actually took great pleasure in taking care of her. It's times like that that are important to a couple; It reminded my that time spent with her is one of my greatest pleasures*

*most of the time ;-)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's very sweet - how thoughtful. Jack Johnson is the best to listen to when you're chilling out.

AFC 30K said...

Thank you Jo. I do try, however, moments like that do make me sound like a better husband than I actually am!

The biggest dissapointment of the week though was that 6 days and 300 miles later my car is filthy again :-/

Anonymous said...

Ahh, love you baby xxx I really enjoyed it and appreciate you. x

AFC 30K said...

yeay yeah....

The Boy said...

Oh just wait until the wee mite is just a bit bigger and such private moments get very hard to organise...