Tuesday 26 February 2008

A Century

This is my 100th post - I didn't think I'd get this far, so I'm quite proud of myself, especially for a blogger who has no aspirations to be a writer.....

I'm off to London tomorrow to the EcoBuild exhibition, which will be a nice day out of the office. Working as I do in social housing it's a subject that has been brought to the fore by government funding rules. There are some very strict codes that we must adhere to in order to get cash out of the treasury. I do, in principle, agree with the vast majority of these codes, it's just a shame they're not applied so strictly to the private sector.

Anyway, by tomorrow night I should have a couple of bags full of interesting literature in new eco goodies....

Saturday was a quite one, some associates of Wifey opened a new shop so we went to the grand opening, followed by a brief visit to our local town of Horsham.

Sunday was good; we went to Worthing. The vast piles of timber are still there and most of the beech (if you can call pebbles a beech). Walking along the sea front there was only the smell of freshly sawn timber. We sent lunch with my outlaws in a great restaurant called Claudes. It's a creperie and if you ever go to Worthing, go there for lunch. We spent a happy two hours chatting together and lots of grand parent cooing over the baby.

We spent some time looking around the shops for a new baby seat as Pickle is growing out of the one we use in his grand parents car. The seat only gets used for about 20 minutes each week so spending £100 on a new seat was money we didn't really want to part with.

Money I didn't mind parting with was for some clothes I bough for Wifey. She wasn;t even in the shop, I just picked them of the rack, paid and left. I'm glad to say they all fitted her perfectly and she liked the style. It's the privilege of a long term relationship.

I also didn't mind spending money on her in The Body Shop - especially since another massage moment ensued.

Anyway, Wifey is calling for her laptop back...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was only wanting the laptop to see what you were writing.

Yes the clothes, massage and quality time hit the spot! I am a lucky wifey.

Z said...

Congrats on hitting your century!

I remember back in the '60s (oh lordy, lordy) that council houses had to be built to the (I think) Parker Morris standard, which was higher than private housing's.

Unknown said...

Happy 100th! And my bloke does quite a good job of picking out things for me, he knows I have a thing for Karen Millen, which is a good start.

AFC 30K said...

Wifey - I hope it was something else that hit the spot, not clthes and a massage ;-)

Z - Thank you. I could go on for hours, but I won't. It's right and proper we build socila houses to a high standard, but it seems that open market properties are suffering very poor quality.

Jo - I do try. Wifey loves Marie-Jo underwear, Texier hand bags and her favorite clothes shop tends to be crew and fat face

The Boy said...

Oh congrats! The time does slip by doesn't it?

Oh oh, if you see anything good on geothermal heating, solar electric, or green roofs could you point me in the direction? I need to start narrowing down options for our extension!

AFC 30K said...

Boy.....If I'd know before hand!

Solar hot water buy the dozen. about 1/2 dozen green roof and green wall suppliers, geo-thermal (ground source heat pumps)- air source hear pumps - SIPS wall panels (Huff type)as for Photo voltaics (solar electics) why? Pay back is nearly 90 years.....

But I don't specify individaul products, only a performance spec so I din't pick up many brochures - When I get back from hols there should be some info being posted to me and I'll scan it and let you know.

The wau forward with heating and electric is micro generation Combined Heat and Power plants (but not biomass)