Wednesday 6 February 2008

In the Post

I've now been In Post for 4 days. I still haven't got my bloody laptop - IT training is on Friday in Bournemouth and then's when I get my PC; I've been told not to expect anything cutting edge....

My boss is new in post (it was his job I originally went for). He was an internal candidate but does not have experience of Development and as such he is not going to be my line manager until he is more up to speed with his job. I like my new boss and we've both identified lots of things which we need to change to make some dramatic improvements. We may not get the resources we require but we#'l start to out an action plan together next week.

At the moment I'm meeting and greeting and, following a 05:30 start. I met up with my contemporaries in Swindon today - Interesting and challenging..... They are a mixed bunch, some are uber slick sales rep type, others are world weary and and cynical and pretty much everything in between. My boos and I are quite different - both of us are engineers and we think the same way.

Meetings in the office today, Bournemouth Friday and again Monday and Tuesday with an overnight stay. Staying over night was an interesting exercise in office politics. I've been placed in a hotel comensurate with my car grade - they don't use my pay grade as I've one grade higher than the next highest paid of my contempories (or so I was informed at my appointment meeting). I'm entiled to a 3 tor4 * double room with ensuite...... I wonder if there will be a mini bar??

No comments: