Thursday 9 August 2007

Motivation

I'm really not motivated at the moment. I've been busy doing nothing. Work is one step forward and two steps back. I've blogged about the frustration I have at work before but it's getting worse and my motivation has disappeared.

Home is OK but tiring. Wifey is working long hours because the baby is being demanding (as 9 month olds tend to be). We are both quite tired and snappy.

On the upside I've been asked to apply for a new job, which I have duly done and been asked to go an assessment centre next Tuesday.

It's a bigger role than I'm doing already, but the pay reflects that. The $64,000 question is will they take me and train me or do they want someone who is doing the same job already? I suppose they wouldn't have asked me to apply if they weren't interested.

In true style I was ill in bed all weekend and Monday. I'm still tired now. Away way, back to work........

4 comments:

Wide Lawns said...

I hope that you feel better soon.

AFC 30K said...

Hello Subservient no more and wellcome to this side of the pond.

I've been a long time reader and occasional commentator on your blog for some time now and I am pleased to welcome you to my (very) humble blog.

I have the assessment centre on Tuesday next week for the new job, so lets see how that goes; that may cheer me up.

The Boy said...

Good luck with it. As always, take a deep breath and on you go!

AFC 30K said...

Thank you Boy.

Wise words as always!