Tuesday 21 August 2007

Numb Brain

I was going to write a really intellectual post about Learco Chindamo, the killer of Philip Lawrence, and that I believe the ruling of the deportation appeals tribunal to be correct but I’ve just been in a five hour long meeting with one of my bosses and I can’t be bothered to think anymore.

Feel free to disagree on my point of view as I haven’t put up a rational and reasoned argument, my only defence is that I believe we should be looking at the length of his sentence and not the fact he goes back to a country he has not know since he was only five years old.

3 comments:

The Boy said...

I don't disagree, though we're in the minority. Its fairly simple, though I do accept the point of view that the interpretation of the HRA on the right to family must also include and more heavily weight the victim's family rights, he's an EU citizen, therefor has the equal right to abode of a British citizen. There can be no argument here.

AFC 30K said...

Blogger has eaten my replt twice now..

Third time lucky?

Hazel said...

I have to say I think the victim's family have been through enough already...without that bastard walking the streets here too. My heart goes out to the family...how disgusting and how insulting the result of that appeal was - to come like a slap in the face to the wife, after all she has suffered. Judges can sometimes be quite on another planet, and not in the real world from what I've read regarding appeals and judgements. In my opinion the killer's human rights were well done in when he killed the head teacher.

Thank god you aren't a judge! lol