Monday 24 September 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Whilst I am not exactly globetrotting like The Boy, or appearing on Radio 4 talk shows like The Girl or having babies like Slavadore at Smaller than Life or Ally at Ducking For Apples I have been busy on business and getting ready for a baby.

I’d better just put the record straight; I’ve not been getting ready for Wifey and I’s baby… We already have one of those thank you very much. We have been getting ready for our friends, D&V’s baby. She, for we know (at least we think we know) it is a girl, will be born today at Worthing Hospital by Caesarean Section. We had lunch with D&V on Saturday when we happened to meet each other just outside the Little Black Olive. If you every visit Horsham and want a decent little non chain owned coffee shop then the LBO is for you. It’s just round the corner from Macdonalds…..

Dad to be can’t stop smiling at the prospect of being a dad; Mum to be is a little on the nervous side. Anyway, D,V & baby MJ I hope everything goes well today.

As for Busy, Busy, busy, we are in the process of moving offices. Not just within the building, but to a different building and a different county. I’ll now be working in only the next county as opposed to the next but one as I do now. It’ll be only 20 minutes from home, which is better than the days when I used to work near Lewisham and still lived in Horsham


We are also coming up for the time of year when we need to submit bids for funding to the Housing Corporation (A government Quango) and that also follows internal budgets for the next financial year.

Anyway I must press on…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Our thoughts are with D&V who are some of closest friends :-)

y.Wendy.y said...

Well Baby should be born now - hope it all went well...and my sympathies are with Mummy and her C-section belly...OUCH!

The Boy said...

Hope all went well. New babies are the best.

AFC 30K said...

All did go well. Baby MJ born at 17:28 weighing in at 6lbs 13.

Mum and baby are doing well but both are due to be in hospital for about 5 days.

I shall go visit on Wednesday night :-) She is, according to her dad, an ardent West Ham fan.....