Tuesday 18 September 2007

Days of Hope & Glory

Today is a day of hope. I am meeting yet another set of people form a perspective employer; those of the Assessment Centre fame. This will be the third set of people I have met in connection with this organisation. These people would be by direct manager and his boss.

They wouldn’t keep coming back to me if they we’re interested, so I am hopeful something will come of this meeting. My gloomy mood has been lifted by the prospect of the meeting today.

So that’s the hope; In terms of glory, isn’t it a glorious day outside!

I left the house early this morning has I had to drop Pickle of at the nursery and then do battle with both the M23 and M25 yet today I was calm. Even the post school holiday traffic was bearable; I simply consciously applied by Advanced Driving techniques and whilst I drove did a running commentary as a little brush up. When I turned off the motorway the A roads were actually quite pleasant. The sun was flickering through the trees and highlighting the magnificent countryside around me.

We won’t mention that Wifey is having a rubbish day; she’s forgot to go to a meeting (although not that important she attend anyway), she’s fallen downstairs spilling coffee over her clean suit and my newly decorated walls, not to mention the freshly shampooed carpets. Wifey bruises very easily as she’s on some stiff medications so by tonight she’ll be black and blue (and purple and yellow and violet…….)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good about the job. Good luck. And I hope that your wife is on the sofa with her feet up with a nice glass of wine !.

The Boy said...

Aren't days just always like that, this weird mix of good and bad? Lets just hope the good is really good.

AFC 30K said...

Gent's thank you as always for your kind words.

Wifey was indeed on the sofa, but not until 8:30pm last night and I had to take the balme for opening a bottle of wine on a school night!

As for the job..... I've posted seperatley about that..