Monday 10 September 2007

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays

I am still recovering from my illness last week, although I am now back at work.

I haven’t had a chance to catch up on everyone’s blogs so far, but I will in the next week or so.

This is a time of change for me; I’m really not happy in my current job, I’m bored and there are a number of procedural issues I have with the way in which I am forced to work. So a change is called for.

I have had another phone call from the organisation I went to the assessment centre for and they are still interested – as am I. The salary isn’t as good, but I hope it’s taking me in the right direct and they seem like a good place to work, an organisation that values its employees. I’ve got the ear of two of the senior directors, I now just have to meet the senior management team I would report to. This isn’t the step from middle management, to senior management I had hoped for, but I feel that promotion is a realistic prospect.

My trouble is that I’ve started to wind down at my current job. I haven’t got a new job yet and I feel like I’m in my notice period already. My work is not at the top of my priorities during the day. I have to stop this in case I don’t get the new job, or I don’t like the team I’d be working with and have to stay in my current job a little while longer.

It’s tough – I know I should work hard, but I know it’s mostly futile.

Role on a resolution to all this.

On a less thoughtful note, I finished (with the exception of a few minor bits and bobs) the DIY project I was working on. I will have this week off from anything related to DIY. Now I have nothing to channel my energies in to perhaps I will have to take up chasing Wifey round the house……

2 comments:

Z said...

It is a tough situation and I sympathise. I hope it works out for you soon. In the meantime, Wifey chasing seems a splendid recreation.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Z.

I have just found out I have an interview with the Olympic Delivery Authority......