Friday 18 January 2008

Homeward Bound

I've not completed my task as yet, but I've mad a surprisingly big in road to it. There is still a hill of paperwork (where there was once a large mountain) to sort and sift but I must only have a quarter left to do. Anyway, I'm homeward bound for the weekend. I have decided to take the train as amazingly it works out cheaper - 18:50 each way on the train - that's intercity to St Pancrass, across London and on to Horsham. In my borrowed van (as nice as it is) it's about £80 just in diesel. On top of that I have to endure both the M1 (or M40) and the M25 and I know from jobs of old that the M25 on a Friday night is a place I'd rather not be.

So, the train is taking the strain and I should be home in about 3 hours to see my lovely wife and hopefully a happy and smiling son.

I'm back up north on Monday morning for a few more days toil.

I won't post over the weekend as it'll hopefully be time dedicated to the family.

Have a good one :-)

2 comments:

Rog said...

Sounds like you did the right thing getting out of the job. Stress is fine if you are in a situation where you can do something about it, if not it is deadly.
I'm only a lab cross so what do I know?

Unknown said...

Have a good weekend AFC.