Wednesday 9 January 2008

Something New

I have done something that I have never done before, that is taken time off for depression. I usually battle through, either with or without drugs, but now I have taken the sound advice of The Boy and the lovely Z. I will not work too hard, I will put aside professional and personal pride in my work for a company whom, whilst their intentions are excellent, their working practices are a shambles. I have self certified my self for the rest of the week.

Yesterday's post was a little disjointed and also a little indulgent, but the fact I wanted to post means that I am on the road to a recovery. I'm sitting here in Wifey's office and from the window I can see the country park in our village and onwards to the South Downs. Admittedly this is over the tops of the houses in the typical sub-urban estate in which we live, but never the less, there seems to be a certain calm about today after the string winds of last night.

The sun shines on the side of my face and refreshes me, so hopefully my mood will continue to improve.

2 comments:

The Boy said...

Good for you. Professional pride is important, but your mental health more so. Make sure you don't leave them in the lurch, but by your definition, not thiers.

How was the anniversary then, a good one?

AFC 30K said...

Oh - they'll be in the lurch as they rely on too much being carried around in peoples heads. There is just no system for ensuring everything is down in writing correctly.

I always like to remind them about 'the under the bus scenario' but it falls on deaf ears. My paper work is better than the vast majority in the organisation, but it'll never be anywhere near as complete as I would have liked it to be.