Wednesday 2 January 2008

It's official

I've just telephoned the boss and handed in my resignation.

Apparently he thought I was going to do it..... Mind you I think they all say that, or may be they've noticed I've not been happy here.

I start my new role on Friday 1st February.

I may not be able to blog and surf at the new place as they are a much bigger outfit and have a fairly sophisticated IT set up which logs internet use. I can use the newt before 9, after 5 and between 1 and 2, however I never take lunch breaks, so the 1 - 2 time is out and I never stay past 5 if I can possibly help it, and if I am then I'm working - I have a wife and family to see!

I will try and blog more this month but work is busy, as is the home life - so many things to blog about, so little time.

My Black Dog is still eating in to my inspiration thought.....

6 comments:

The Boy said...

Hey, fantastic news! Well done! I always find that time after "doing the deed" feels pretty good. That's a good start to the year.

I shouldn't pass this on, but there are services like "findnot.com" which sometimes can pass through a corporate fire wall. It may or may not work, so test the free demo. Might still breach your corporate policy, so exercise with caution.

Given I set coporate policy I'm always a bit more lenient. I just ensure managers get data on time usage, then it becomes a management issue, rather than just stopping it.

Any way, good luck in the new job. Don't let the black dog bite too much, find the bright in life. Its there.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Boy - I'm going to be very cautious with the internet as there are very few emplyment rights afforded in the first year of employment. I do really need the job to pay the mortgage...

Z said...

Well done, I'm really pleased for you. It's miserable when you don't look forward to going to work in the morning.

And I hope you are an early riser, and will put in an 8.55 post at least once a week!

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Z - I've had a feel jobs in a fairly short space of time where I've ended up being miserable - hopefully this is going to be a change for the better.

By the way, I'm still an avid reader of yours it's just I've not really hand anthing constructive to comment.

martin said...

Good luck 2008 will be a great year.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Martin - Likewise of course!