Tuesday 8 January 2008

Me Time

Things have been going a little tits up lately with my resolution to battle this episode of depression will will power alone. I've done it before but not this time. Anyway, I felt absolutely rubbish this morning. I had intended to go to work; I dressed, dropped the baby to nursery but I had to drive back past the village we live in to collect somethings from Worthing. I called in at home, made a coffee and just lay on my bed. After that I couldn't get up. I sent a test to the boss saying I had depression and I'd keep him updated. I then went to sleep.

I woke again at 12:30 and I feel much better - time dedicated to me.

I feel ready to blog about all that's been happening, so;

After my dad died I was upset, naturally, but after the funeral some 2 weeks later I felt a whole lot better about his passing. What I didn't feel better about was the state of his house. He hoarded everything - I told him we he was alive that he should sort it out and save me a job, but no! God love him, but honestly the stuff he kept ranged from the stupid to the occasionally disgusting.

Over Christmas Wifey's dad was taken ill - He suffers from Bi-polar disorder - I can only say this as this blog is anonymous - only wifey knows who AFC 30K really is. He had a manic episode and it resulted in him being hospitalized. We went in voluntarily but to be fair if he hadn't gone they would have sectioned him.

We visited most days and he also was allowed out to be with us, but seeing him in that state was upsetting for all the family. He came to ours for Christmas lunch but went manic when he was here - it was a miracle that we persuaded him to go back to hospital. We was released at the end of last week and he his back to his old self. He is very embarrassed about what happened to him. I have told him he has nothing to apologise for, but I can see why he's embarrassed.

Most of Christmas week was spent working on Wifey's business and visiting her dad. Pickle, the baby, did not receive the attention he deserved. We feel like terrible parents, but hopefully it's short term pain for long term gain. Wifey's business is doing really well and if it continues like this she'll need to take on and administrator, at least 3 days a week. It's been hard work but the extra money will be welcome.

Our long term plan is to able to send Pickle to a fee paying school for all of his education. That and a nice house somewhere on the South Downs with outbuildings for Wifey's business.

And as a footnote, it's our wedding anniversary today - happy anniversary Hon.

2 comments:

Z said...

To not be depressed by all this, you would have to be heartless or completely insensitive - add to personal matters a stressful work situation and there is no one at all who wouldn't show signs of depression.

Do give yourself time to mourn your father as well as get over the disgust or pity or frustration at the state he left things in. Please be kind to yourself and don't think your feelings show signs of weakness - they are natural and better acknowledged (not necessarily dwelt on, enjoy every bit of life that you can) and slowly worked through.

And happy anniversary to you both - hope you have a great evening

AFC 30K said...

I always knew clearing my dad's house would be the thing I would hate most about his passing! I do miss him. It's nice to have his fatherly advice even though I'm old enough to make my own decisions and mistakes....

Hopefully things will be a little cheerier next week :-)