Wednesday 16 January 2008

Time Dedicated to.....

My father...

Having now a number of weeks to myself (or Wifey's beck and call...) I have decided to work on my father's house. I sit here in Derbyshire as I type over looking the gently rolling hills visible from my brothers study window.

I am now of the opinion that, whilst I still have depression, getting out of my last organisation was a good thing. I have undertaken a couple of bits of work for Wifey and the clients have found the work to be excellent, so a little of my self confidence is returning. Just having some down time is proving to be a great healer.

Anyway, time marches on an I have three quarters of an hour's journey further north to my get to my fathers house so I suppose I'd better sign off and get motoring in my builders van that I borrowed from my father in law.

5 comments:

martin said...

Hope you have a good trip. Have a pie that always lifts my spirits when I am up north.

The Boy said...

Good luck with the unhappy chore. Worth getting done though, and glad you have the time to do it.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks guys.

I had pie and chips for tea last night Martin - the pie was Pukka - the chips were not...

It's surprising not an unhappy chore. It is a chore but I'm quite matter of fact about it, although there have been some gems that I have found such as cigarette ration cards and instructions on his national service draft from 1950.

The draft paperword said that once you have read the information do not throw it away - he didn't and 57 year later I still haven't.

I must admit that this garden leave - irrespective of what ever trouble I may have with the employer is now starting to be a breath of fresh air - I think it also helps that I'm 200 miles away from my normal life - although I do miss Wifey and Pickle.

Unknown said...

I've finally got round to catching up! Glad to hear you've kicked the old job to the ground - it was never going to help you get better. Sometimes you just have to put work to one side and concentrate on being happy and enjoying life - there's not much point working to be unhappy.

AFC 30K said...

Thanks Jo...

Yeah I think the job was a big part of my problem - I feel so much better being on garden leave; mind you I suppose the meds must have kicked in too!

I'm glad to see you had a good time on the slopes :-)